How to Take a Screen Shot
Instructions on how to take a Screen Shot
On a Mac:
- Press Shift-Command-4.
- Drag to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.
After you release your mouse or trackpad button, find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop
On a PC (Windows):
- Press the PrtScn button to copy the screen to the clipboard.
Press the Windows+PrtScn buttons on your keyboard to save the screen to a file.
- Use the built-in Snipping Tool.
Use the Game Bar in Windows 10.
On an iPhone:
Open the app you want to screenshot and go to the exact screen you want to capture.
- Press and hold the Power button on the right side and click the Home button at the exact same time.
On an Android phone:
- Get the app or screen that you want to capture ready to go.
- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time.
If, after reading these instructions, you are still unable to make this work on your particular device, you can simply snap a photo of the screen using a Smartphone or Camera, and upload that file to the form instead.
Any further questions? Email Alan Smith alan (dot) smith (at) Consumer (dot) org.